Thursday, June 18, 2009

Roots

I'm quite nervous and bent on taking the first bus that I can catch to the Botanic Gardens. I don't want to be here. Or else, in no less than 10 minutes, I will be forced out of the house, into the car and to the Chinese tuition centre, Busy Bees.

I've had a several year absence from this place. It was a good several years.

I see nothing to respect really in any effort to make me want to learn the language to get THE grade, which is basically why anyone forces you to learn a subject in this world. I don't feel inclined to learn the language so that I can read more novels or write my own. I don't feel obliged to know more than the set of conversational skills to talk to my relatives. I don't feel obliged to know it because there is pure Chinese blood in my veins.

Lets list the facts. China is a communist country, was once a monarchy, and has a religion that I don't believe in. I respect the culture, but beyond that, China is a sexist nation even in ancient times, women weren't thought more than playthings. And now people say Guanyin is a male.

What about that.

Okay, time to face my doom.

****************************

It wasn't too bad, other than the fact that the 5 months pregnant teacher is two kilograms lighter than me. We are about the same height, with her perhaps a few centimeters taller than me.

Also, the over-spoon-feeding Busy Bees still holds as their priority. And also the crazy score system and the hostile people which join the class. To other things I guess.

I'll try blogging about other things, or rather, get the heck on with my English holiday homework.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

EH! YOU DONCH ANYHOW SAY CHEENA SUCKS OK!
China isn't completely communist. They have capitalists (swines) in the nation that is bringing in all the money, which they themselves purely keep. And overseas, huge groups invest in China.
That's why I grudgingly admit, China is developing.
Furthermore, China has no religion. Commies rock.
And ancient China WAS sexist. What other ancient country wasn't? In Britain they didn't allow women to act in theater, and that wasn't in ancient times, btw.

But, anyway, I do agree that learning Chinese further past basic conversational skills is not very necessary. I think Chinese have the drive to learn English themselves. For the people, and Mao!

Anon gal said...

Hey...remember me!!! yes!!! its anon gal! You know you've gotta give China some credit...without it we would have never lived to see razzly dazzly fireworks.

And agreeing with your friend, a whole lotta countries were sexist then, not just China. At least women in CHina could act in theater (which is why China doesn't have as many gay dudes than in Britain)

So what I'm tryin to say is that when you mix orange juice and lemon juice, you DON'T get apple juice.