Thursday, July 23, 2009

Classroom Blabber

This is possibly the most inappropriate time to blog about this but some things simply can't be let down so easily. I have this feeling that everyone is talking about me behind my back. I know its a mind over matter kind of thing but what can a girl do? I mean, at home I becoming a bit of a stretsophenic or whatever they call those people who wash their hands repeatedly or arrange everything exactly. Only I check every five minutes that my alarm is on, that my key is on the door knob, that every air-conditioner is turned off and every window closed before I go out.


Well, to get it into actual written evidence, I think the teachers voted me in for student council but I have to pass the vote from the cohort. Basically, I couldn't care too much if it sways either way but it would mean I have my own blazer, something I have to beg from my senior everytime debate season rolls in. To me, the badge doesn't define anything.



Only thing is, I think many people see it as a popularity vote, not truly reflective of the person's credentials and abilities. I like to see it as a representation of what the class wants.

But now I know what I really resent. I resent the fact that you can't be yourself (i.e. show your distress over a dumb project) even within your own home. I can't trust my friends in school with my frustration and neither can I trust my parents with it. I don't have siblings. Who else am I left with? Myself and God. Perhaps if Singapore wasn't so vastly populated and we had the railway train passing by more often I could use the shouting outlet. But no, I'll be competing with the drilling of our neighbours upstairs.

1 comment:

Shanty Flippy Steinmark said...

:O Tsk, tsk Annabel! Anyways, school is only tiring because all of us have to pul off a cleverly crafted charade everyday. Its tiring, but if you think about it from a different light, it helps us prepare for adulthood, and its kinda fun acting out most of your life. I get tressed too, but I like the challenge. It makes us think. And it makes us think about things that really matter. In a world of first impressions, all we can do is remain positive.