Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mean GIRLS

Erica Burns, Le Sportsac, Paria Jabenko (I'll use these for inspiration for my artwork.)

How mean is mean? Avoiding all those things about how bad can you go without losing your salvation, let's just go really wild. I feel mean, or maybe I'm simply snappish. The projects and all the undone homework on my side and my classmates.

I watched part of Mean Girls, the part when they were in the school gym getting lectured by their teachers. The girls are pretty, beautiful even, but they can all honestly say that they've been told on before and have told on other people's secrets. Some are totally full of themselves and all of them seem to be stylishly dressed and very into the boyfriend-girlfriend thing.

I want to feel beautiful and stylish in the clothes that I wear. I want to be able to walk into a store and see racks of clothing I can fit into instead of waiting and waiting for sales to find all the out-sized clothes. I wish I could have the money to splurge on clothes from good brands and not have to resort to flipping through bargain tank tops and skinny jeans to find a nice blouse. I wish I could eat all that I want to without gaining any weight. I want to be known as pretty and attractive by my peers and not just the women in my family or the ones which we sometimes meet.

How do some girls do it? Wear those unique clothes which you can never find and look amazing at any party or social event.

Nevermind, I've bimboed out enough for now. School starts in ten minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are beautiful inside and out! never forget that, you don't need to look a certain way or wear certain clothes to be what ppl deem as "beautiful". you are nicer, have more morals, can draw better and can knit better than any random pretty girl! if ppl can't see that, it's their loss. and there is no way you need a guy to tell you all that, cos we all know they are shallow! so cheer up hon! :D

ERIN. said...

But you have such a pretty face, dear =) And such pretty eyes.
I hate skinny jeans too. Bleh.