Thursday, August 20, 2009

journal entry 03

Deliverance. Sigh, if only it were so simple. I’m thankful that I went for L.T.’s talk. At least I won’t be tempted into thinking that I’m not following Your will any longer. But Lord, please give me signs and open and close doors to tell me. I’m glad that I don’t have to be worried about not hearing you per se in the verbal sense.

Thanks for brining me through this reasonably alright week. Friends have remained at tolerable levels. The tests should have gone well. Bless me for the Mother Tongue oral and the Merchant of Venice test and drama night. Oh, and please, please, please, the debate team really needs divine intervention. Okay, this is a bit too plead-y, but just help the juniors and me debate well, clearly and with structure.

I miss my friends. Those in primary school and in church, past and present. Melanie. Shannon. My whole discipleship group. I feel like I am living for Sundays sometimes. I feel so at home with them its odd. But that’s fellowship and accountability isn’t it?

I’ve been thinking back to that Christian self-help book. Every Young Woman’s Battle by Shannon Ethridge; guarding your mind in a sex saturated world. I’m going to keep the off week, which means no weird videos, no fiction books which I have read over and over again, no music with such and such implications. I’ve been battling it and I think it is helping. I don’t intentionally look for such-and-such books as my friends imply. Its just that sometimes you don’t know what you are getting yourself into. Ah well, play safe with the classics.

It’s getting a bit difficult. In tuition class the two students who sit next to me are the really trendy sort. Short shorts (not too short but still past the thigh’s mid point) and well, some people at church too. I mean, I can’t criticize it or anything but I still get irked out over such things. It shouldn’t be an overactive conscience right? Sometimes I just wish that I could still fit in a little more, but ah well, that only happens sometimes. So long as I am others-first at the same time I’m sure it’ll show through. Someway, somehow.

It sounds really superficial, what I’ve just written. But I feel like I can talk to you about anything and everything. And so openly that I don’t mind showing this on my blog. I still can’t think of you all the time and I’m still not so sure if I want to go for the WOW camp. Urgh. Sometimes it is just so tricky. I just feel like relaxing but with my home with such a close proximity to church I think I won’t have a clear conscience. That article on mind-your-body, people can only guess how different people process their thoughts and morals and ethics.

I liked Fantasia from Greensleeves. To imagine You allowed a folk song to be created around four centuries ago to be sustained till today in this epithet in the classical genre. And it becoming a beautiful Christmas carol.

Sometimes I feel like getting away from this life. But I’m sure I have some work here to do. Bless my mom, she seems so stressed with her work becoming a teacher. And my dad. Who knows what will happen tomorrow but you? And yet, we still have free will. It’s a beautiful thing, the right to choice.

Amen

2 comments:

trinithepooh said...

:P Looks like you've got everything under control

Anonymous said...

Dude, short shorts aren't trendy, they're SLOPPY.
You don't see models in Vogue wearing FBT shorts, right? So don't be too irked, you can just make fun of them (in your head, of course. If I see someone in an MRT wearing FBTs, I think up of ten reasons of why they are wearing those shorts. The most scandalous one I came up with is- okay, no, too embarrassing.)