Sunday, August 17, 2008

Olympics

World's fastest man and the most arrogant show-off I've seen in quite a few years. I'm betting that in ancient Greece even he couldn't run like that. Especially without funky sports wear and fan girls. I doubt any of the athletes would be sure enough of themselves to race stark naked. With the video camera shooting their every move. ahem.


I'm reading a novel I borrowed from a church friend. The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera. Born 1929 Czechoslovakia and it was translated from the Czech. She borrowed my Jane Eyre so I guess that counts as fair trade!


Oh and Lydia writes to invite me to go to London for the 2012 olympics. Well. I'll need at least say 300 pounds odd for a week or so of expenses excluding accomodation to visit the city. Going very cheap of course. Excluding air fare. Air fare is say about 737 pounds for a two way flight. I shall try a cheaper airline, with what-nots dealing with inflation knobs and crazy exchange rates. 1200 pounds I'd say. And those ridiculous prices will go up even higher during the Olympics. Sorry Lydia, 2012 is a good year only not during the Olympic heat!


That was some fun. I went to check budget airlines and I found Quantar going for 584 pounds. Roundtrip. Oh I envy those people with private jets or the substantial wallets to purchase a nice good cozy seat while still studying. I just like traveling to exclusive loctions too much. I mean, an average girl living on another continent doesn't go to London on this sort of whim and fancy alone right?

No comments: