Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Of Human Bondage

By Somerset Maugham. You know, he might just become my favourite author. I mean, I enjoyed the Painted Veil and I rather enjoy this novel even as I'm at page 59.

Middlesex was the most awesome book I have read in ages. The whole story is like wow and logically believable.

I'm knitting a vest for a friend. After which I shall pamper myself with one.

I'm going to be at Liang Court this Saturday night! I've picked out my outfit. I know I sound as though I'm going for a first date but I'm not. I wish I was. Romance seems so wonderful. The holidays are bad for singles. Left right and center you see couples holding hands, making out, clutching and groping each other and wearing egotistic t-shirts.

Okay! I know I've been very jealous. And going to the art class at Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts is not helping matters. On the way there you see so many guys and the western ideal man. Them and Asian girls dating. The worst part is that I've got Crush by David ringing in my head due to the guy in art class (thankfully it's a one week holiday class) playing it on his hand phone for the past two days before class began. Today's track pics included Avril's Skater boy which a another girl hated.

Right now I've got to think of ways to incorporate a theme into that gimongous (larger than A3) canvas we have to complete by Friday's lesson. We start practical work on Thursday. I'm thinking checkerboards. Chess boards. Vertical canvas. Looking up. Looking down- Bird's eyeview. A good sketch of someone. Just one really good sketch. A person whom I can connect with. Ah-Hah!

Flickr.

Okay, perhaps not. My national geographic. My printer ain't that good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annabel. This seems to be the most unlikely thing I would say, but:
Chill about the romance thing.

Anonymous said...

You need a brother. Seriously.
A brother that can sicken you about the oh-so intriguing opposite sex.

Anonymous said...

I kinda have to agree w/ your sentiment that I'm envious abt couples, but srsly, we both need to chill. :l