Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Every Young Woman's Battle

I got that book from Tecman, a Christian bookstore with a whole lot more.
Located at Bras Basah Complex opposite the Raffles Hotel.
Today someone commented on me tagging with my mother even at this age.
Which I am perhaps a bit too old for, being a teenager.
Apparently the saleswoman was rather alright with my parasitic behaviour due to my shortage of allowance.

Apart from the apparent digressing...

This book has quite gotten my attention and I leeched on my mother and she bought it for me. Score one for going out with parents.
It's about "Guarding your Mind, Heart, Body In a Sex-Saturated World"
This is the fourth book in the Every-dash dash's battle. As far as I could tell from the dedications, foreword and introduction.
A team of people are involved in the production and writing of the books as well as teenagers contributing their painful stories and opinions.
Published by WaterBrook Press
2007 Edition
Copyrighted 2004

This one is written by Shannon Ethridge and Stephen Arterburn

It is supposed to cover topics like dating, sexuality, virginity (Shannon had lost her's before marriage), God and our spiritual relationship with him, the modern thinking of sex and sexual provocation. Or at least along those lines.

Seriously, I find that some of the relationship thoughts have been going into my head. Not that I read overly crazy and unrealistic teenage romance like Twilight. Actually, I quite shy away from that genre.

I find that the modern fiction writers for my age group promote some things in the reverse psychology way or demoting them in the reverse psychology way.

There I go lying again. I read them because I have that stupid running round the bush teenage plot with the near perfect boyfriend in it which I made up. Mentions and cheering to me for thinking him up.

........

No applause?

Okay so yes. I got that guy's physical attractiveness from a brown haired Ken doll and Joe from The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly.

So yes. In reading the book I hope to get all the falleness of my sexual nature out of my life and mental spaces and reconnect with God.

And to those non-commenting lurkers on my blog

"I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE GIRLS WHO GO AROUND DOING THAT KIND OF STUFF!"

To people like Erin and Megs and any of the apparently dismantling Muse Clique who actually bother to read this blog now you know what a boy-girl relationship obsessed person I actually am.

And how abysmally emotionally lacking of intelligence to keep my mental love life secret.

I think I am dying for a game of truth or dare. Let's play.

Okay whatever it is you dared me I am opting for a truth.

And I think up the question. Not you.

I have never had a boyfriend or a kiss or a date or a close male friend excluding my dad.
There. I said it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

... Anna- I mean, Muse. I think you're reading an excessive amount of romance novels.
WHAT ABOUT GIVING WAR OF THE WORLDS A GO?!*Hopeful grin*

Anonymous said...

Y'know Mneme, it's pretty normal. I mean, people go on and on abt stuff like how teens are prone to be attracted to the other sex at this age, but hell, they don't say a thing abt how romantic-relation-obsessed teens may get too. No, really. You may yearn for it right now, but you'll find it might be better to not have a bgr at this time. Really, you might find yourself craving more love after your first relationship, and who's to say it wouldn't end up in disaster? I don't mean to crush your thoughts or anything, but yeah. Or go out and make more friends, cos that'll take away the thoughts of a boyfriend. And really, you might not find a boy to your liking. But we could try. Sort out your thoughts first yeah. I'll be here if anything. (: